07 May 2009

National Day of Prayer

Today is the National Day of Prayer.

I'm embarrassed to say I almost missed it, were  it not for a post about it by another blogger I read regularly.  However, I will be praying throughout the day today, and taking extra time tonight before bed to pray for some special intentions.

I'd like to (once again) share my prayer requests for this week, and invite you to share yours with me by commenting on this post or by emailing me, and I'd be happy to pray for you today.

Today please pray with me that:

  • Pam is able to find a new job soon (she was very recently laid off).
  • Angie's friend Heather and her baby, who was born prematurely.
  • the Lord will work for an unspoken prayer request from Angie.
  • Angie will find "lots and lots of patience."
  • "angel_une," who had some contractions and is afraid of going into pre-term labor on top of her complicated home/family siutation, will be able to find relaxation and keep herself and her unborn child healthy until much closer to her due date.
  • Mothers and mothers-to-be everywhere have a happy, healthy Mother's Day.
  • I receive good news from an exciting job opportunity soon.
  • my blood work and glucose test go well tomorrow (Friday).
  • my husband and I will be able to visit my family in central Illinois over Memorial Day weekend.

What are you praying for today?

3 comments:

  1. One unspoken, my friend Heather, and patience. Lots and lots of patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for my friend who is struggling with drug addiction. I'm also praying for my other friend who is having emotional problems. I have yet another friend who used to attend my church. She is married now, and has two children. But she and her husband no longer go to any church. She has been asking me questions about my faith. I want to give her good answers, but I feel so inadequate. I would like to be able to help her with her questions.

    ReplyDelete

Add a little caffeine to my life...