15 May 2009

Free Weekend? Puh-huh!

Earlier this week, I had the intention of getting my work done by Wednesday afternoon so I'd have the rest of the week free while my husband's friend was visiting.  That didn't really happen.  I did get quite a bit of work done, but for every task I was able to cross of my to do list, one or two more tasks were added.  As a result, I haven't even been able to read the Books section of The New York Times this week!  Thankfully, Nathan Bransford has me covered for great info on the industry!

Now it's Friday, and I have just as much work to do as I did at the beginning of the week.  So I'll be working through the weekend.

I'm sad that I'll be working this weekend since I'd much rather lounge by the pool with a tall glass of (decaf) iced tea and a good book, but I'm also thankful to have so much work to do this week that I have to finish over the weekend.  I'm making new contacts, getting to work with new clients, and I even got a request for information from someone via email late last night!  Work seems to be going well right now, so I'll work this weekend, and next week I'll reward myself by buying a new book or something!

So enjoy your fourth viewing of Star Trek tonight, Hubby.  I'll be at my desk.

2 comments:

  1. On the one hand.... boo for no free weekend!

    On the other hand... hooray for lots of work!

    I knew you'd be a success as a freelancer! Pretty soon, you'll have no choice but to turn clients down, since you'll have too many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so optimistic! Just what I need to hear! Thank you, heart sister.

    ReplyDelete

Add a little caffeine to my life...