30 May 2009

Weekend Hours (or Lack Thereof)

As part of the changes I'm implementing in my life, my office is closed on the weekends.

As someone who works from home, sometimes it's difficult to walk away from my office space when I know there's still work to be done, but I think it'll be much better for my sanity (as well as my body as I get closer and closer to my due date) if I have more strictly defined work hours, and take at least one day a week off.  (Two would be better, of course.)  So aside from a very small project that needs completing, I'm not working this weekend.

Part of the reason I'm trying to free up my weekends is to spend time with Hubby.  Because of my crazy schedule, his commute, and how tired we both usually are by the end of the day, weekends are our opportunity to spend quality time together.  (He works a traditional weekday job, so he always has Saturday and Sunday off.)

It's going to be hard, I think, to have a real weekend every week.  And, of course, if there's something that needs to be done over the weekend, it'll get done.  But if I stick to it, I think I can have nice weekends just as those who work traditional jobs do.

What do people do when they're not working on the weekends?

1 comment:

  1. Nate and I head to the coffeehouse and get a mocha. I know you can't do that right now, with Wyatt on board and all, but we try to spend time together like that. It's so much easier for me since I don't work the weekends either, but since I have a part time job two days a week, sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

    ReplyDelete

Add a little caffeine to my life...