28 December 2008
20 December 2008
"Yes..." Erin looked at Linda. "Oh, my gosh! Linda Foreman?"
18 December 2008
- Two old friends unexpectedly meeting in a store. Have them each shopping for an item that reveals something about their present situations.
- An adult child trying to convince his or her 50-something mother not to adopt a baby.
- Two lovers arguing about whether or not to terminate a pregnancy.
- A computer disk.
- An odd neighbor.
- A man in a tuxedo walking barefoot on the side of the road.
- An email sent to the wrong person.
- A FedEx package.
- An abandoned warehouse.
- An annoying relative.
- A discussion between a young couple standing beside a U-Haul in front of an old-age home.
- A motel key.
16 December 2008
Coffee-Stained Writing is now enjoying a bit more work space in the same temperate geographical region.
12 December 2008
10 December 2008
- At the end of the day
- Fairly unique
- I personally
- At this moment in time
- With all due respect
- It's a nightmare
- Shouldn't of
- It's not rocket science
- The use of "literally" to add emphasis (ex. "I literally died of shock!")
- The use of "decimate" to mean "completely destroy" (ex. "I decimated that keg!")
- The verbalization of "lol," "lmao," or any variation thereof
- The use of "actually" in that incredibly patronizing way people so often use it (ex. "Actually, the pilgrims were not as strict as people think...")
08 December 2008
05 December 2008
The dictionary defines "meh" as an expression of indifference or boredom, or an adjective meaning mediocre or boring. Examples given by the dictionary include "the Canadian election was so meh."
The dictionary's compilers said the word originated in North America, spread through the Internet and was now entering British .
02 December 2008
01 December 2008
- Go back to working on the coffee house book, which was on hold for November.
- Continue writing articles for clients and (hopefully) increase the number of articles written each week.
- Connect with at least one new client.
- Set CSW goals for 2009 and write 2009 business plan.
- Organize CSW finances in preparation for tax season.