Here's a random selection of songs currently on my iPod:
- "For You I Will (Confidence)" from the single by Teddy Geiger
- "Baby Mine" from Disney's Dumbo, sung by Julie Andrews
- "Down to the River to Pray" by Alison Krauss, from the O Brother, Where Art Thou? soundtrack
- "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter's self-titled album
- "I Will Be Here" from Steven Curtis Chapman's Greatest Hits
- "Remember When it Rained" from Closer by Josh Groban
- "A Little Fall of Rain" from Les Miserables
- "The Way I Am" from Girls and Boys by Ingrid Michaelson
- "Colors" from Dance for the Sun by Kira Willey
- "Carry On My Wayward Son" from Wynners 6 in 1 Box Set by Wynners
The music you listen to is important when you're writing, as illustrated by this comic by Debbi Ohi.
Music influences my mood. After all, that's why I listen to it to begin with! So I don't always listen to all the songs that come up when I'm working, depending on what I'm working on at the time. I've found the music does help motivate me, but it can also make me counter-productive if I don't listen to the right type of music.
What do you listen to when you write?