12 May 2009

Vacation Approaches!


I got word yesterday that Hubby's time off was approved, so he and I will be making the trek from central Florida to central Illinois via car for a long Memorial Day weekend!

Our plan is to leave on Wednesday, May 20 by 5:30 p.m.  We'll drive for at least six hours (hopefully more), then stop for the night and finish the trip on Thursday.  We'll be with my family Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, then we'll be leaving around midday on Monday, May 25, and should get back home sometime Tuesday evening.

I have a lot to do before next Wednesday afternoon, both in and out of the office.  Not only do Hubby and I need to get ready for our road trip, but his best friend is on his way to Orlando to spend a few days, so I'm trying to get things ready for his visit, as well.

It will be wonderful to see my family!  It's been a long time.  I haven't seen my grandmother and brother since December 2007, I haven't seen my mom and sister since May 2008, and I haven't seen my other brother since July 2008.  That's far too long for me!

This is a much-needed vacation!  I just hope I can get my office work done in time so I don't have too much to take with me next week.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I can't imagine not seeing my family for that long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been very difficult--I'm close with my family. However it's helped to have Hubby's family so close to me. At least I'm getting great support from them!

    ReplyDelete

Add a little caffeine to my life...