06 December 2010

#reverb10 Prompt, Day 6: Make

What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?
-----

I think the last thing I made was adding to a scrap book I'd started about a year earlier. It's a scrapbook I love very much, and is quite important to me.

To make it, I used the scrapbook album I'd started before, and added pages to it. The only materials I needed for this were embellishment papers I bought from Target, and acid-free ink pens. Everything in it is handwritten, and decorated with the embellishment papers (and stickers that came with the pack). The time I took to work on this was much-needed time for myself, and I was glad to get it. I used it to sort of re-center and slow down.

I would love to make a quilt, but I definitely need time for that, since I've never done it before. Some day, I hope to be able to sew proficiently enough to make clothes and quilts. In the meantime, I'll have to live vicariously through those I know who do sew.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...