26 December 2010

#reverb10 Prompt, Day 25: Photo (late)

Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.
-----

Photo by Hubby at our (former) Orlando home, May 2010

Skirt: Veggie Patch Skirt (similar here)
Accessories: clay bead wrap bracelet
and recycled magazine bead necklace
from Soul Flower (no longer available)



This picture reveals who I want to be. Some of the changes I'm making in my life in 2011 include living a more natural lifestyle, and my clothing choices is one way I'm doing that. I feel better wearing more natural fabrics, and I feel better knowing my clothing choices have less of a negative impact on my world.


2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely photo... You know I have three daughters and the the hardest part of wrapping my brain around raising them is trying to make sure they know they can be beautiful just as they are-- from what they are given, not by striving to live up to some social ideal. You really capture a comfortable beauty here, and obviously not a Barbie doll style! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Honestly, that is what I try to do. I'm not always successful (pressure is tough sometimes), but I do try to let my inner beauty and style (such as it is) show through.

    ReplyDelete

Add a little caffeine to my life...