27 December 2010

#reverb10 Prompt, Day 22: Travel (late)

How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel next year?
-----

By land


Bean with Uncle Trev, April 2010
In April, Hubby, Bean, and I drove from central Florida to central Illinois to visit my family for Easter. It was a long drive, but worth it for my extended family to get to meet Bean for the first time, and we got to spend a holiday with my mom and the family there.

I don't get to spend a lot of time with my family simply because of the logistics involved in traveling to see them. (I'm terrified of flying, which leaves driving. That isn't always easy with a little one, as I'm sure many of you know.)


By sea


Bean's first cruise, October 2010
In October, we took Bean on his very first cruise! Hubby's parents surprised us with a three-day family cruise, and the little weekend getaway was just what we needed! Bean had a lot of fun going to the beach for the first time (after getting over his initial fear of the sand), and of course the food was delicious!

We also just got back from Hubby's family's family reunion Christmas cruise, which was a week long. This was a great time, as well, and reminded me of why I enjoy cruising for vacations.

In 2011


I hope to be able to spend more time visiting my family in 2011. Any traveling we do will have to be in the latter half of the year (since Bunny is due the first week of May), but we're hoping to spend Christmas in snowy Illinois next year.

Bean has never seen snow, and it would be wonderful to have a white Christmas (and then come back down to 70-degree weather afterward, of course!). I don't know whether or not that will happen, but it's what I'm hoping for.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...