26 December 2010

#reverb10 Prompt, Day 24: Everything's OK (late)

What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead?
-----

Hubby and I, as a family, have had some difficult moments in 2010. Of course I won't get into them here, but we've had our share of struggles.*

And yet, everything always has a strange way of falling into place so that everything is okay in the end. It's not always easy, and it's not always in the way we expected, but things have a way of working out for us. I'm thankful for that.

There has been one particular instance that stands out to me as proof that everything really will be all right, particularly in 2011.

On December 17th, I received bad news from one of my clients who would no longer be needing my services after December 31st of this year. I won't get into the details for the protection of this client, but I will say that this came as quite a shock to me, and I'm still dealing with how I feel about how it all played out.†

Despite this, we're looking at 2011 with as much optimism as we can. I have received some good news from a couple of other clients, and am hoping to hear more after New Year's.

Once again, facing what could be a devastating struggle, things seem to be working out for us. It's not working out the way I would have expected, but everything's going to be okay. Again.

Funny how things work out, isn't it?







----
*We've had our share of successes and joys, too, though!
†Anyone who wants details can email me, and I may be able to give you a bit more insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...