17 April 2009

There was an assignment my boss gave me

by Mike at The Big Stick, a response to my writing prompt

There was an assignment my boss gave me
Sometime last Thursday around two-thirty
A detailed report on our customer's account
Complete with graphs, trendlines and dollar amounts.

I put it on the backburner
While I worked on my blog
Then cleaned my desk twice
And left early to go jog

I wanted to finish it
sometime this week
But Google Reader is the devil
So on that subject I will speak

The neat little column
Of my favorite blog items
Taunts me when they are in bold
And forces me to read 'em

I try to read them all
No matter how mundane
I even read Dana Hunter's stuff
Proof I am insane

I get little things done
So I don't get fired
But my time on this big project
Has almost expired

Now I am working
At a feverish pace
In hopes I will complete it
And save a little face

But I feel my feet dragging
On a Friday afternoon
It's only 3 hours till quitting time
And out the door I will zoom

So no more poetry
I've got a spreadsheet to complete
I'm a dedicated employee
But first let me check my Tweets.

1 comment:

  1. Well, Mike, you may be politically insane, especially for hanging around the cantina letting Woozle beat you up, but you've proved yourself perfectly sane in all other respects with this poem. Delightful!

    Hope you got your project done, and if not, you're welcome to place the blame on my blog which obviously has potent hypnotic qualities as you're compelled to read it. ;-) Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Add a little caffeine to my life...