14 April 2009

ScriptFrenzy Update


Well, as you can see from my word count on the right of the blog, I've met and exceeded the word count goal for the month!  Hooray!  Yesterday I finished the first draft of the script at 115 pages.

I considered taking the rest of the month to work on revisions, but to be honest, I'd much rather take what I've learned, as well as the inspirations I've gained, to get back to work on my coffee house book.  So that's my next big writing project.  In fact, some of the dialogue from Table 4 may just appear in the coffee house book!

Working on ScriptFrenzy this month has helped get me all fired up about working on my coffee house book again.  It's been sitting stagnant for a while, but with some changes I'm going to make to the structure (based on what I did with the play this month), I think the writing is going to go much better, and I'll be able to finish it and get to editing much sooner than I originally expected.  I won't say I'll be editing before my little java bean arrives, but I expect to have it written by then certainly.  Then I can let it sit for just a little bit when the baby comes until I'm ready (and can) edit it.

Writing for NaNo and Screnzy always motivates me to get back to a stricter writing schedule.  Those are the times I remember why I wanted to be a full time writer so badly, and why I can't imagine pursuing anything but a career in writing.

It shouldn't be too much longer until I'll be seeking the eyes of beta readers!

4 comments:

  1. *Beta reader starts jumping up and down* Huzzah!

    Let me know if there's anything you need - pep talks, cheerleading, anything I can do to help you! I'm so excited!

    YOU DID IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll definitely let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First Nano and now this. You're a writin' machine.

    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. It helps that I can do it full time. =)

    ReplyDelete

Add a little caffeine to my life...