02 April 2009

Screnzy Update

I didn't start at midnight.  I was asleep instead.  I'd been up since 6 a.m., had a crazy busy afternoon, and couldn't bring myself to stay up past midnight when I had to get up at 6 a.m. again yesterday morning.

However, I did get quite a bit of writing done yesterday.

If I distributed the writing evenly throughout the month, I only need to write 3 1/3 pages each day.  At the end of the day, I'd completed 12 pages of script.  So I'd say I'm off to a pretty good start!

I was right about preparing for this script.  Basically I put together a loose outline, and it's the actual writing that's cementing it.  If I'd tried to structure the outline any more than I did, I think it would have limited me, and wouldn't be as organic a script as it's going to be.

My darling hubby loves the idea for my script, and he thinks I should develop it into other aspects of my writing, as well.  He thinks I could do well to write several pieces (novels, short stories, or whatever) that each center around a different location, whether it be as broad as a coffee house or as narrow as a high school locker.  He thinks they'd be fun to read (and write!), and that it would be just the kind of quirky niche-type of writing that would do well.

Leave it to my hubby to help me think of ways to be a successful writer!  I love him!  I told him that if it works, he'll be my business manager.

In the meantime, I'll be focusing on Table 4.

What's your word count after the first day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...