21 April 2009

Poem in Your Pocket Day

There's a great list of ways to celebrate National Poetry Month on the Academy of American Poets website.  I didn't post it (though there is one celebration for each day), but I do want to share one item from the list with you.

On Thursday, April 30th, people all over the nation will be celebrating the second annual Poem in Your Pocket Day.

To participate, all you have to do is carry a poem with you all day to share with coworkers, friends, family, classmates, or whoever you want to know about this great poem you love.  Last year I carried "The Red Wheelbarrow" by William Carlos Williams.  I have yet to select my poem for this year's event.

If you can't think of a poem, you can browse the 25 pocket-sized poems Poets.org has all ready for you.  Just print, cut, and pocket!

Be sure to let me know what you're carrying so I can post a list here on April 30th of the readers who are pocket poem-friendly.  It'll be a great way to say farewell to National Poetry Month for another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...