05 April 2009

The Last Week of Lent

Lent seems to have gone by quickly this year.  I know that it's due, in part, to my being busy (and pregnant), but I can still hardly believe it's nearly Easter!  This is the last week of Lent!

This has been a unique Lenten experience for me.  Being pregnant put some limitations on me that I wasn't expecting, and I had to alter my expectations to accommodate.  Overall, though, this has been a very good spiritual time for me.

During this Lenten season I feel I've grown stronger in my faith, and closer to my husband, believe it or not.  He and I have been praying together regularly, and it's become an important part of our relationship.  It's something we're going to continue after Easter, and when Wyatt is born, we're going to add him to our daily prayers, as well.

Part of the point of Lent is self-examination.  We take time to look at who we are in our faith, and how we can be better and stronger Christians on a day-to-day basis.  Regardless of how else we participate in Lent (fasting, abstinence, almsgiving, etc.), we need to take time to evaluate ourselves.

What have you learned about yourself this Lenten season?  What good habits have you developed that you plan to keep after Easter?

2 comments:

  1. I've learned that I miss sodas more than some of my ex-girlfriends. But I've also learned I can live without them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good lesson, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Add a little caffeine to my life...