27 September 2014

Playing school

Now that Puck is in school full days, Tink and I have been spending time during the day working on school-type tasks. Tink and I practice writing letters, identifying letters (and sounds), numbers, colors, shapes.... A lot of what we do is helping prepare her for school next year.

However, when Puck discovered that we were doing that, he decided he didn't want to be left out. So now, some afternoons when Puck gets home, we "play school." Tink and I still do similar tasks, and I have created kindergarten-level tasks for Puck to do (simple math problems, practicing his name, drawing pictures with labeling, etc.). The kids enjoy it very much, and I'm glad for the opportunity to supplement Puck's education.

I don't know how long it will be until Puck and Tink no longer want to "play school" at home with me, but until then, I'll do whatever I can to help them learn and grow in order to be successful academically.

Speaking of which, it's time to work on my "lesson plans" for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...