03 September 2014

One year later

I've been back in Florida for about a year now.

And it's been a helluva year, and things have changed.

Prior to moving, I was reaching the end of my divorce, had recently come out as a lesbian, and was working in a job I enjoyed and had potential, but was taking a toll on me. I decided that the move would be a fresh start for me, and I would focus on taking specific (if small) steps to make positive changes in my life.

I've gone back to loving what I do.

I enjoyed the traditional job I worked while I was living in Illinois, but now I'm back to doing freelance writing, which is much more in line with my goals and passion. I love my job--even on the hard days--and I can't wait to work every day. I can't imagine doing anything else. And if it weren't for the relocation last year, I wouldn't have gone back to it.

I'm in an amazing relationship.

When I met Bo, relationships were far from a priority in my life. I was working a lot, Puck was in preschool, and I was moving toward my personal and professional goals. When I met her, I knew we had some similar interests, and I thought I would, at the very least, make a new friend. I did, and much more. I'm so thankful for what she brings to my life, and she makes me happier than I've been in a long, long time.

I'm closer to my significant, long-term goals.

When I moved to Florida a year ago, I made some long-term goals, both professional and personal. Some were easily achievable and others were kind of a stretch (attainable, but difficult). However, I've been making good progress toward almost all of those goals, and even the ones I didn't think I would achieve are within reach.

I am nowhere near where I was a year ago, and I'm happier for it.

It's been a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...