22 September 2014

Efforts in reading for pleasure

I've been good at making excuses for not reading lately. Between moving and work ramping up and school starting, life has been busy. So I haven't been making time to read all the books I've started and haven't finished.

So I'm making a renewed effort at setting aside specific time to read.

That being said, here are the books I'm in the process of reading or that are on my current reading list.

The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

I know that Richard Dawkins is not a good example of what it means to be a human being, but I bought the book and I'm interested in the topic, so I'm going to read it. I likely won't buy any more of his books. I'll be looking at other authors to continue my reading into atheism.

Quiet by Susan Cain

I'm rather late on reading this book about introverts, but I would still like to. So it's still on my list.

Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout

This novel won a Pulitzer, and is structured similarly to the way I would like to structure the coffee house book, so it was recommended to me by another writer. I haven't started it yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I'm hopeful it will be helpful in writing the coffee house book.

Once I'm (finally) done with these three, I'll move on to some of the other books on my reading list. There are always more books to read, aren't there? And I know that taking the time to read for pleasure will give me some much-needed down time throughout the week.

What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...