10 September 2014

Things I've learned about myself

The brilliant and funny Carmen over at Mom to the Screaming Masses* posted today about things she's learned about herself. An interesting post, and one that I've decided to steal for my own purposes thankyouverymuch.

So here you go.
Clara

  • I am a dog person. Growing up I always preferred cats, but now I am definitely a dog person. I adore Clara (our chihuahua-peke mix), and am looking forward to the opportunity to add another sweet furbaby to our family in the next few years. I never thought I would be a dog person, but now I can't imagine getting a cat (and not only because Bo is allergic).
  • I am much more confident in who I am than I once was, but I am still very self-conscious about many things.
  • I want to make quilts. I've been wanting to get into sewing and quilting for quite some time, and every once in a while I want to do it badly enough that I research how much it would cost to get a sewing machine that I would like that would suit my needs. That happened again this week.
  • The coffee house book has become part of who I am as a writer, even though it isn't finished yet. I've devoted my entire (fiction) writing career to the collection since graduating college, and I don't regret it one bit. The collection--beginning with the coffee house book--is what I'm supposed to be writing.
  • I watch too much TV. I usually have something on as background noise while I'm working (my traditional job could be loud, so I got used to working in noise). If it's too quiet, I get distracted.
  • If I don't journal semi-regularly, I start to feel very tense. My journal is where I brainstorm and vent and work things out and let things go. If I don't have the opportunity to do that, I definitely feel it.
  • I don't make enough time to read. There are a lot of books on my reading list that I haven't gotten to because things have been busy. Now that things are settling down, I'm looking forward to making more time to read for pleasure.
  • I can't imagine living anywhere except Florida. There are times I miss living in the Midwest (when the leaves are falling or when it's getting close to Christmas), but I truly feel at home here in Florida.**
  • I don't like not knowing what time it is. I lost my watch in the move to the new apartment and haven't replaced it yet. I find myself checking my phone or the time on my computer incredibly frequently.
  • I need to replace that watch.







-----
*Just to put things in perspective, Carmen's blog has its own tag on my blog. Because I think she's awesome. Just sayin'.
**That being said, I am looking forward to buying a house and having a bit more space to spread out and garden and have a real office with a door that closes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...