15 March 2015

Renew your spirit with an anniversary

May 2014
Bo and I celebrated our anniversary last week.

We were lucky enough to get to celebrate on a beautiful cruise ship on the ocean.

The trip was a much-needed break for both of us, and I'm so glad we were able to get away to celebrate and reconnect.

I'm so thankful to have Bo in my life.

I reached out to her on a whim, not really expecting a response or anything to come of it (except maybe friendship), and I got so much more than I could have hoped for. Not only has she become a wonderful companion to me, but has become a wonderful addition to the kids' lives, as well.

She is their Bo.

They adore her, and know that she will always be there to give them the love and support they need. She is firm when she needs to be, but is always up for silly games and adventures to add to our memories.

December 2014
She has become a positive force in their lives, and fits in so well with our little family it's as if she's always been here.

She is my Bo.

We found each other when I was in a darker place than I am now. It wasn't a bad place, and I was working hard at moving in the right direction, but there were some areas in my life that were still challenges to me. She met me where I was and helped me become a better person. She helped me work toward my goals and dreams.

She is what is best about me.

We've been through a lot over the past year, but we've been through it together. It's been hard and scary and rewarding and wonderful, and we've done it together, every step of the way.

And we have big plans for our future together as a couple and as a family. We'll be getting married this fall, we want to travel (a lot), and we have set specific and achievable goals that we're working toward every day.

March 2015
There have already been challenges along the way, causing us to re-evaluate our goals and timeline, but we haven't stopped moving forward. We've had to shift things around, but we're still making progress.

And through every step, we've grown together, and stronger as a couple. We lean on each other to get through the challenges and obstacles we face, knowing we can be strong for each other when it's needed.

I love Bo. And I feel so lucky to get to spend the rest of my life with her.

We complement each other in ways I didn't think could happen (some of them very quirky, too). We are like-minded in areas that are important, but have enough differences to keep discussions interesting, and to keep each other balanced. I feel that she is my perfect fit.

It has been a wonderful first year, and if this year has been any indication, there's nothing but good to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...