24 March 2015

My social media hiatus

I've decided to take a bit of a break from Facebook and Twitter for a while.

I've discovered that I've been using Facebook as a distraction too much, which has turned it into a procrastination tool. Yes, I read headlines and get interesting/inspirational information, but I also know that if I don't want to work on something or I'm stuck or feeling lazy, Facebook is my go-to site.

As I've been going through The Artist's Way, I've found myself wanting to get away from things in my life that are only acting as distractions from what I should be/want to be doing. Facebook is one of those things.

So I'm going to very quietly slip away from Facebook for a while (I have an end-date in mind), and at the end of this time, I will re-evaluate if, when, and how I will reincorporate Facebook and Twitter into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...