10 March 2010

Remember the coffee house book?

Yeah, I'm still writing it.

It's going a little slower than I would like, but it's starting to pick up.  I'm hoping to get back on schedule soon so I can still meet my (self-imposed) deadline.

I've been spending some time working on Newly Wed, which is the updated title to Pondered, which was the project name given to the rewrite of my NaNo 2009 novel.  I'll still be working on that rewrite since NaNo winners get a free proof copy of their book, but that's more of a souvenir thing.  If I don't get it done, it'll be okay.  Ultimately, the coffee house book is my priority project.

The great thing about the coffee house book is that it's revealed my writing niche.  I have ideas for future books that are similar to the coffee house book (in format), and instead of wanting to set aside the coffee house book to work on these new ideas, I want to finish the coffee house book and then work on these new ideas.  They all kind of fit in together, which is fun.

The good news for my writing is that I'm taking a trip the week of Easter, so I'm hoping to be able to get some writing done while I'm gone.  Yes, I know it'll be crazy; I'm taking a week-long trip with a seven-month old.  But if nothing else, I can try to do a little writing during the long drive from central Florida to central Illinois.

If my writing continues to pick up, I may even have something worth sending to readers next month!


--
Image: Ian Kahn / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

2 comments:

  1. Huzzah! I think you found your perfect niche!

    Now if you'll excuse me, I'd best start begging time to read from the Muse. I can't wait to curl up with your book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have something to read soon enough!

    ReplyDelete

Add a little caffeine to my life...