27 March 2010

The Artist's Way check-in: week eight

  1. How many days this week did you do your morning pages? (Have you been very tempted to abandon them?) How was the experience for you? I'm happy to say I did my morning pages every day this week!  Yay!  I haven't been tempted to abandon them.  In fact, I feel "off" if I don't do my morning pages.  It's always a good experience for me to do the morning pages.  And the more I do them, the more beneficial they seem to be to me.
  2. Did you do your artist date this week? (Have you been allowing workaholism or other commitments to sabotage this practice?) What did you do? How did it feel? Once again, I skipped the artist's date.  I don't know why, but this is something that's very hard for me to do.
  3. Did you experience any synchronicity this week? What was it? I didn't experience any synchronicity this week.
  4. Were there any other issues this week that you consider significant to your recovery? Describe them. The task about listing five things you aren't allowed to do (and then doing them on paper) was very helpful to me.  I was bottling up some unhappy emotions and holding onto some anger, and this task allowed me to vent what I was thinking/feeling, let go of it, and move on from it.  It was a great relief after that task.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...