16 March 2010

My first contest!

The coffee-stained family is taking its first trip as a complete family soon!

We're going to spend Easter, and the week following, with my family.  It's going to be a great trip.  I haven't seen my family in quite some time.  I'm looking forward to spending time with them.

That said, the coffee-stained blog will be left to its own devices for the week.  I will have a few posts going up which will be links from Examiner.  But I'd like to take this opportunity to open the floor to some of my readers.

This time around, though, we have a theme.  Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I have an idea.  See, April is National Poetry Month.  It's a month that celebrates that poetry is ignored 11 months out of the year.  And I love celebrating poetry during April.  So I would love if anyone who wants to contribute would send one of the following:

  • an original poem
  • a post about writing poetry (a poem about writing poetry would be even better!)
  • a post about reading/enjoying poetry (a poem about reading/enjoying poetry would be even better!)
  • a post about how poetry has changed your life (a poem about how poetry has changed your life would be even better!)
Anyone who wants to send something can, and I'll put a few up for that week.  Anyone whose piece is not posted during the first week of April needn't worry.  I will be using all the pieces I receive throughout the month.

But wait!  There's more!

We'll also be picking a "fan favorite" piece at the end of the month.  Throughout the month, be sure to read the pieces that are posted.  Then, at the end of the month, you'll vote on the guest pieces (you only get one vote) by posting a comment on the piece.  Whoever wins the fan favorite contest will get a fantabulous prize to be announced at a later date.

So start thinking about your contribution, and when April gets a little closer, I'll divulge all the details about the contest and prize.

Happy scribbling!

2 comments:

Add a little caffeine to my life...