07 March 2010

The Artist's Way check-in: week five

  1. How many days this week did you do your morning pages? Are you starting to like them--at all? How was the experience for you? Have you discovered the page-and-a-half truth point yet? Many of us find that pay dirt in our writing occurs after a page and a half of vamping. I did my morning pages five out of seven days this week. I do enjoy them, actually. And I'm finding that if I don't do the morning pages, I feel different and out of sorts for the day. I have discovered the page-and-a-half truth point, and it was weird. When I read this question, I looked back through my morning pages and found that many, many days included some sort of emotional/spiritual revelation or breakthrough about a page and a half into the morning pages.
  2. Did you do your artist date this week? Have you had the experience of hearing answers during this leisure time? What did you do for your date? How did it feel? Have you taken an artist date yet that really felt adventurous? I had such a great artist date this week! I met with a friend who's also doing The Artist's Way for a late lunch. We talked about writing and life and everything, and it was wonderful to get away for a little while, to not worry about what I should have been doing and just enjoy being where I was for the moment.
  3. Did you experience any synchronicity this week? What was it? Try inaugurating a conversation on synchronicity with your friends. I have experienced synchronicity. This week was a significant experience, actually, but it's of a private matter, so I won't share it here. I think, for some people, synchronicity is easier to see and believe than for others. I find it easy to see and believe.
  4. Were there any other issues this week that you consider significant for your recovery? Describe them. I'm beginning to learn who I am and what I want now, and I've realized I don't have to apologize for that or feel guilty for wanting to take care of myself or spoil myself every now and then. I think it's helping me realize that I am important, and that my creativity is important.

2 comments:

  1. "I think it's helping me realize that I am important, and that my creativity is important."

    Absolutely positively 100,000% true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I'm figuring out...! lol

    ReplyDelete

Add a little caffeine to my life...