09 October 2013

I missed the rain

One thing that can be said about Florida is that it rains here. During the summer, it's likely to rain at least briefly every afternoon.

The clouds come out of nowhere and darken the sky, the rain falls, and just as quickly, the sun is back drying the pavement again.

I missed the rain while I was living in the Midwest. I didn't realize how much until I was back here.

Since I moved, it's been raining off and on, as is the custom. And I find myself opening the blinds on the windows so I can watch.

Sometimes the rain is heavy, with fat drops tapping on the windows. Other times, the rain is fine, almost misty, reminding me of snow the way it almost floats to the ground, giving the pavement a sheen.

I leave my blinds open a lot in my office space (so I don't have to turn the lights on for the majority of the day), and when it rains, it's hard not to just stand by the window for a while and watch it fall. It can be distracting in the middle of a work day.

What kind of weather do you like?






-----
Photo source: Christian Southworth/ FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...