23 August 2013

Challenge: Days Three and Four

So.... I didn't get the chance to post yesterday about the things that went right for me on Wednesday. Instead, I'll post today for both days.

Life happens.

So here's what's gone right for me over the past couple of days:

I'm sticking to my plan.

As I've mentioned before, the next few weeks are going to be quite chaotic for me. I have a plan, and so far I'm sticking to it. I had to adjust it slightly yesterday (which takes effect on Monday), but I'm managing to keep moving forward each day, which is a good thing. I can only hope that this coming Monday goes well, because it will be a key day for my plans over the next few weeks, but if it does, I'll be in much better shape with my plan. (If it doesn't, well, I'll deal with that if it happens.)

I haven't had any soda for the past few days.

Yes, I've been drinking lots of coffee, but I take minimal sugar in my coffee and no cream, so it's not as bad in terms of calories. I've been trying to give up soda for a long time, and while I don't know that I'll be able to fully give it up (at least for a while), cutting back as much as I have is a big victory to me.

I talked to the munchkins yesterday evening.

As usual, it was hard to get Puck to talk to me, but Tink was talkative, and I'm just glad I got to see them. Skype makes it a little easier to be away from the munchkins. I've been really missing them this week. That being said, I'll be glad when I'm finally settled in Florida and don't have to be away from them this long anymore.

I'm de-cluttering.

I have a lot of stuff that I never unpacked when I moved from Florida to Illinois. Some of it has no real place in my life anymore, while some of it has been outgrown by the kids (baby clothes and toys, etc.). Since I'm moving back to Florida and my space is quite limited, I'm using this opportunity to de-clutter my home. Whatever I can give away or donate, I will. Some stuff will just get thrown out. I'm a different person now, and I'm looking forward to replacing a lot of what I won't bring to Florida with me.

I am at peace.

This isn't really a "thing that went right," but it's still important and something I want to share. There is still a lot of chaos in my life, but I feel better about this chaos than I have most of the chaos in my life lately. I feel in control of my life and my future. I know I'm on the right path for my children and myself. There is still a lot I need to do to get where I really want to be (which will take a few years), but I'm doing okay. Much better than I have been. I am at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...