04 February 2009

What would you do for office supplies?

Do you remember the old Klondike bar commercials in which "ordinary people" were asked to do silly things in exchange for a delicious Klondike bar?  (Please tell me you remember.)

Those commercials came up in a conversation I had yesterday, which got me to thinking about what I would want in exchange for silly or absurd behavior.  Other than money, office supplies are the only thing I'd consider in exchange.  (Yeah.  I'm a nerd.  Get over it.)  I know it's the writer in me.  After all, what else is so valuable to a writer than tools to write?

Sure, I'll hop on one foot.  But you gotta give me that beautiful blue ink roller ball pen in your pocket.  Didn't think I noticed?  I noticed.

What is the most extreme thing you would do in exchange for office supplies (or your personal equivalent of office supplies)?

5 comments:

  1. hmmmmmm as long as it was safe and legal, I'd don't think there's anything I wouldn't do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...that's kind of ducking the spirit of the question, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was good at scrounging. I just learned where things were. Not only could I find things I wanted, I could find things other people wanted, which sometimes helped me get what I wanted.

    I guess the key is to find ways to be useful to the people around you, and they'll be useful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dunno. Depends on the office supply, and how far I'd have to drive to perform this stunt. I mean, I haven't even been able to bestir myself far enough from the house to pick over the carcass of Circuit City... and I really need a 5 gig flash drive...

    I know what my cat would say. "Give me the item, and I won't rip your face off. Yet. Is that a good enough trick?" No, she hasn't really mellowed with age.

    ReplyDelete

Add a little caffeine to my life...