18 February 2009

A Brief Departure From the Professional

I try to keep this blog separate from my personal blog.  I've mentioned bits of my personal life, and reference the Hubby from time to time, but for the most part, this blog focuses on my life and career as a writer.

For this post, though, I'd like to step away from that to give you some insight into why my blogging (and emailing) have been a bit wacky.

Of course, some of it has been due to my little java bean.  I've been feeling better lately, but between morning sickness and exhaustion, some days I'm so wiped out I barely have enough energy to get my work done, let alone email or blog.  Now that I'm in the second trimester of pregnancy, though, I hope that things will normalize more on that front.

Another reason, and an important one, has to do with my personal situation and my Hubby.  I won't go into details about it here, but Hubby has needed me to be here for him lately.  And there have been many days that he's needed my full attention.  And as important as writing is, and as much as I care about my friends and want to keep in touch with them, my husband is one of the most important things in my life, and he comes before computer time.  His well being is more important to me than I can explain, so, unfortunately, some of my friends may not get calls or emails as often as I'd like.

For those who deserve that connection, I apologize.  I really do.  And now that things in my personal life are getting better, that should change.

I do want to tell you that just because I can't email you as often as you'd like, or because we haven't talked in a while doesn't mean I don't care about you or miss you like crazy.  And it doesn't mean I'm avoiding you or whatever.  I do care about you.  And I miss you.  And I wish we were still taking classes from the Big Seuf in our pajamas together or emailing about homicidal cats almost every day.  Again: it's something I'm working on.

I hope you will understand that when my life is in chaos, as it has been, I can only focus on fixing one aspect of it at a time.  Now that it's getting fixed, I can work on fixing other aspects of it.

You're next in line, I promise.

8 comments:

  1. I hope that things are working out. I've certainly had periods where I had to "disappear" from the Net. It happens. Real life ought to take precedence. When it doesn't is when things are wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand. Lord knows I have enough going on for myself these days. Chin up, tits out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To quote the Smashing Pumpkins here: "No apologies ever need be made."

    And, BTW, ditto. Responding to your email is on my list of things to do that ain't got done, and I feel awful about it. And I don't even have a java bean and a hubby as an excuse - just the same homicidal feline, voracious blog, and fiction stuff demanding to be organized. Gah.

    Well, okay, there's the damned day job, too, but still... Upshot: I know exactly where you're coming from!

    Just remember one thing: we don't have to talk every day to know we still love each other very, very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Frazzoo: thanks! And Lord knows my tits are generous enough these days to be forward!

    @Dana: Thanks! How is the homicidal cat these days, BTW?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I have to give you a hard time. Take as much time as you need. I understand about things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the more reason they should be out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not so homicidal. It's still winter - she needs me for warmth. The attempts on my life will resume this summer, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete

Add a little caffeine to my life...