26 March 2009

Oh, no!

It has been brought to my attention that Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde is not going to be released in the USA until December 2009.

Really?  December?  Are ya kiddin'?  It's a good thing I'm so excited about his new release.  There aren't many writers I'd maintain this level of anticipation for, especially after a delay of five months.  Then again, neither do I want to rush him.  This is important work he's doing!

For those not in the Ffordean universe, it was scheduled to be released in the USA in July 2009.  However, I can take solace in the fact that this British writer will not be releasing it in the UK until January 2010.  For once, I get a Fforde book first!  Ha ha!

2 comments:

  1. My condolences, my dear! I feel your pain. Been through it enough times with other authors that it's easy to remember. And lemme tell ya something: working in a bookstore makes this even more painful, because the customers get a little tetchy when you have to tell them about the delay! Moral: as disappointing as this is, it could be worse. ;-)

    I'm not sure I should show this to Garrett. He's turned into a total Fforde ffiend, and this kind of news may be more than he can bear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garrett deserves to know the truth. All Fforde Ffans do.

    If he needs to talk, I'm starting a support group.

    ReplyDelete

Add a little caffeine to my life...