28 March 2009

Off the Page and onto the Screen

One of my favorite children's books is Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak.  There were many times during childhood I wanted to escape my bedroom to a wilder place.  Sendak's story let me do that.  As a child, all I had to do was flip through the pages of the book and I didn't have to think about school or annoying siblings or anything else.  For a brief time, I was free to be wild with only the limits of my imagination.

And now, to bring me back to my childhood, as well as inspire the wild child in all of us, Where the Wild Things Are is hitting the big screen!  I'm ecstatic about this, and can't wait to see what modern film technology can do with a story about a boy's imagination.

I don't know about you, but on October 16th, I'll be in line for the adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...