15 March 2009

Lenten Reflection

I've been doing Lenten reflections on Friday, but this weekend has been a bit strange, so I'm a bitteen behind in my blogging.  So I'm posting today instead.

This week went by so quickly!  It's already mid-March, and Easter will be here before we know it!

This week has been full of prayer.  My husband had a job interview, so he and I have been praying (both together and separately) about it.  We still haven't heard, so please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

To be honest, his job interview has been a great boost to my faith.  With everything that's been going on in our lives in the past year or so, I'm thankful that we're getting to where we are.  But it's not just that.  I was raised in a Protestant home, and in my life, "Let go and let God" was a frequent mantra.  So I have always been of the mind that, at some point, we have to let go of whatever we're trying to fix and let the Lord handle it in His Own Time.  And then, things happen.

Matthew 19:26 (NASB) says, "...Jesus said to them, 'With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'"

This week, that's been very helpful to me.  Several months ago (even a few weeks ago), Hubby felt that he could never get a good job.  But since he's been putting his faith in the Lord and letting things happen, everything's coming together.

Romans 8:28, 31 (NASB) says, "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.  What then shall we say to these things?  If God is for us, who is against us?"

This is a passage that's been coming to mind a lot lately, as well.  Everything has been falling into place, and it's because the Lord has a plan.  And as long as the Lord is on our side, what does it matter if others are against us?

This has been an inspiring week for me.  Things are all coming together for Hubby and me, and it's really amazing to see.  It's almost surreal the way things fall into place when it's time for them to.  And it's been a great inspiration to me, reminding me that the Lord is at work in our lives, putting things together the way they belong.

There were so many times I told Hubby, "It'll be okay.  Just pray.  It'll be okay."  And now I feel like he can see why I've been saying that all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...