10 September 2008

The Seven Sacraments Series: Holy Orders

Unfortunately, I do not know much about this sacrament beyond what it is.  Holy Orders is the sacrament for those who decide to enter the priesthood.  In the Catholic Church, those who take the Sacrament of Holy Orders cannot take the Sacrament of Marriage.  Women are not eligible to become priests in the Catholic Church.

Rather than try to explain the Sacrament myself, I would like to direct you to a few sources of information that can tell you about Holy Orders.

A source I've used often in this series is Scott P. Richert at the Catholic site on About.com.  Here is his piece on the Sacrament of Holy Orders.

You can also read about Holy Orders as explained in the Catechism of the Catholic Church at the website of the Vatican here.

For articles on Holy Orders by knowledgable writers, you can also go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...