16 February 2015

Finding balance -- body

Freedigitalphotos.net / mapichai
On Monday last week I wrote about finding balance in my mind as part of my efforts in living a more holistic lifestyle. This week, I want to talk about finding balance in my body.

I want to be at my healthiest. Not only for the munchkins and for Bo, but for myself.

One thing that has happened recently is that I've gotten out of some of my good habits, and my diet and exercise has slipped.

So I'm making a renewed effort at making healthier food and exercise choices, in order to move toward my health goals (and look good in my dress later this year).

I have found that, for me, a plant-based diet works well for meeting my health goals. So I'm working hard at being careful about what I put in my body and eating plant-based whole foods.

I'm also trying to exercise more. Some days all I can do is walk (which is good), and other days, I'll do yoga or some other exercise routine. The goal is to keep my body moving as much as possible.

I've read a lot of the articles that show the benefits of exercise not only to the body, but to the mind. So it makes sense that in finding a balance in my life, exercise and healthy eating would be a major part of it. If I want to be healthy in every facet of my life, my body must be included in that.

What do you do to keep your body healthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...