13 January 2015

Love wins!

Image source
On January 6, 2015, it became legal for same-sex couples to marry in the state of Florida. (Hooray!) There have still been some complications, but it is legal, and Orlando welcomes marriage equality.

This is wonderful news. Florida is finally on the right side of history,

On January 11, 2015, Bo asked me to marry her, and I said yes.

We love each other fiercely, and as cheesy as it sounds, I truly believe that she is my other half. I can't imagine sharing my life with anyone else the way I have shared it with her.

So we're going to get married.

We haven't set a date yet, but we have some ideas of what we'd like to do for our wedding, as well as when. Right now we're just in the beginning-est planning stages, thinking about the wedding in more abstract terms, especially because of some significant career changes that are happening later this year (more on that in the next couple of days).

In the meantime, we're enjoying the excitement and anticipation of this new adventure in our life together, and sending lots of thank you messages to friends and family.

It's going to be a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...