29 January 2015

The role of holistic health in my life

Image source
Holistic health is an approach to life that seeks to find balance in mind, body, and spirit for optimal health by recognizing that these three factors of health are interrelated.

This is something I have been working toward achieving in my own life. So far, I have been moderately successful, but I haven't gotten to where I really want to be. But it's a process, so I'm still taking steps toward balance, one day at a time.

This year, I am renewing my efforts at living holistically and finding balance. This is not only so I can achieve my health goals this year (some of them have a timeline), but because it will be highly beneficial for my work as I make changes this year.

I've been hinting at a big change that was supposed to happen sometime this year, then at the beginning of the year, and now back to the summer. This change is officially happening this summer, so I am ready to start talking about the change and what it will mean for my life and career.

The work I have been doing as a freelance writer for the past seven years has been going increasingly well. I have good clients, a great deal of experience, and a clear vision of what I want to do in my career. To that end, this summer I will be taking the step to establish myself as an official business and shift from doing work as a freelancer to focusing on doing marketing work for small and midsize holistic health and wellness organizations. In addition, the marketing work we'll be doing will take a holistic approach to the business, seeking to benefit every facet of the business with its efforts.

I look forward to integrating my holistic lifestyle and my career as a writer/marketer. I hope that my passion for holistic health will not only benefit the business as we take this new, adventurous step, but will further benefit my personal life as I learn more about maintaining a balance of mind, body, and spirit in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...