13 September 2013

Toting Munchkins

Puck is four and Tink is two. However, because Tink is quite a bit smaller than the average two-year-old, her legs are very short. Sister loves to walk and run, but when we're out and about she gets tired easily and has trouble keeping up with Brother and me. So a lot of the time I carry her.

I don't mind--she's still light, especially compared to Puck-but she's also a little lazy. When I carry her, she expects me to do all the holding, and if I have anything in my hands, I struggle to keep her up on my hip as we walk or shop. And if I'm holding Puck's hand, too, forget it.

When the munchkins were little little (especially Puck), I used a wrap to carry them snuggled close to me. They were safe, and I had both hands free to do what I needed to do. I loved it.

When Tink first started walking, it was important for her to walk whenever possible. She was a late walker, so I stopped using the wrap, and when I needed to carry her, I just picked her up and put her on my hip. It worked well. But now, with her desire to just hang rather than, you know, hold on to me, I think I'm going to get out my wrap again.

The wrap I have is a Moby Wrap, and it's for use between eight and 35 pounds in a variety of holds. So I think I'm going to try it and see what Miss Thing thinks of the wrap for errand days or activities with lots of walking (amusement parks, for example).

If she likes it, we'll stick with it. If she doesn't, we'll have to come up with something else.

Do you carry your toddlers or allow them to walk most of the time? How does it work for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...