18 September 2009

What do you look for in a church home?

I don't usually post too much about my personal life here (I have a separate personal blog), but since this falls within the realm of faith, I decided to add it here.

My husband and I have been looking for a new church home lately.  We'd been attending our local parish, but were unhappy with some of the decisions being made, as well as the atmosphere of the parish.


I'm happy to say we've found a church!  It's one we'd attended a few times, and we always enjoyed going, but usually attended another church closer to home with Hubby's parents.  Well, we decided we needed to go somewhere that challenged us spiritually, and would be a good place for Bean to grow up.  (Incidentally, Hubby's parents have started attending the same church because they've become unhappy with the local parish, as well.)  So we submitted our registration form, and it's the church in which we're going to have Bean baptized.

It seems to be a good church for community outreach and fellowship, as well.  There are lots of groups and activities at the church, and I'm looking forward to getting involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...