07 September 2009

Outline: Complete!

I'm already getting excited about NaNoWriMo this year. I think it's because the web badges got released early, and when things start happening on the website, I usually start gearing up for the event myself.

So I started developing the idea given to me by Hubby earlier this year. His suggestion was to write about participating in NaNo for the first time with a little one at home (because it really does change everything, in case anyone was wondering!).

So over the past couple of weeks, I've been letting that idea follow me around and grow. A few days ago, I started working on my outline for the novel.

And I just finished it.

I know some people shudder at the mere thought of creating an outline, but not only do they help me organize my thoughts, but creating an outline is a way I can start working on my NaNoWriMo novel before November first.

I'm happy with the outline, and the way the story idea has developed. (Sorry, but you'll have to wait a while before I reveal my story idea to you. I need to make sure it's finished developing, after all.)

If you're thinking of participating in NaNoWriMo this year, you may want to wander over to their website and check things out. You can get the rules, find your local support group on the forums, and order your NaNo gear (although the t-shirts for 2009 aren't available quite yet). Looking at all that's already available to support you just may inspire you to work on your own NaNoWriMo outline. November will be here soon!

Happy scribbling!

1 comment:

  1. I've been harping on this for how long? :) Thank you again for getting me involved in Nano last year. It's honestly changed my life completely. Now if only I could finish my research so I'd be as ready for Nano as you are.

    ReplyDelete

Add a little caffeine to my life...