30 July 2009

Fiction Thursday: Inspiration

Kell over at The Fang Marked Writer has a post about music as inspiration up today. Music is a common source of writerly inspiration, but other things can be inspirational, too. Many writers like to be out in nature or to wander in art galleries and museums.

However, writers can be an odd bunch, and seek inspiration in "unusual" places sometimes. Dana of En Tequila Es Verdad has been known to go outside for a smoke, for example. Another writer friend of mine dusts her living room. Still another takes a long shower.

Sometimes when I need inspiration, I make myself a cup of hot tea. (Earl Grey is best for me!) The tea is relaxing and lets my mind wander a bit, and usually by the time I'm rinsing out my cup, I'm ready to get back to whatever I was working on (or trying to, at least).

So I'm curious as to what inspires you that others might find "odd." Is it a particular food or drink? Watching a television show? Doig a handstand? What is that gets your creative flow going?

--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...