02 June 2009

Scheduling is an Adjustment

I feel like my work schedule is constantly in flux.  I set up a schedule I think will work and after a few days (or weeks...sometimes hours), I find out it's not really working, so I come up wtih something different.

Yesterday, for example, was the first day of a new schedule for me.  It didn't work well, but I think that's because I wasn't feeling well today and ended up quitting early.  (I blame the little java bean.)  So I'm going to stick with it for the next couple of weeks, and decide if I'm going to keep it or readjust it (again).

I'm the type of person who does well in structure, and that's why I create these schedules and task lists for myself.  But I'm also realistic.  I know that I may not always account for everything, that meetings run late, and sometimes I'm just not in the mood to write from 9:00 a.m. until noon without several breaks.

I'll get it.

And then it'll need to be changed again.



Such is the life of a freelancer, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...