09 June 2009

Feng Shui Your Desk

I've been trying to get my office space organized this week since it'll be moving pretty soon. In an effort to share my nesting/organizational tendencies with you, I'd like to share a handout I found in the midst of my cleaning.

--

Feng Shui Your Desk

Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese practice of space arrangement to achieve a sense of harmony. Feng Shui was developed thousands of years ago in little villages of East Asia, and was used by Emperors to ensure their success. By applying Feng Shui to your work space, you will have the chance to experience a positive flow of vital energy. Divide your desk and workspace into the nine different areas of your life, as follows:

The left side of your desk is the Knowledge area - store reference materials here. Place symbols of Family here also.

The back left corner of your desk is the Money area. Keep this corner clean, dust-free, and uncluttered.

The back center area of your desk, or on the wall directly in front of you, is the Fame area. Display awards, diplomas, and certificates here.

The right corner of your desk is the Romance area. Place symbols of love here.

Closer to you on the right is your Creativity area. Keep your smaller work tools here, along with some "fun" items.

At your immediate front right is the Helpful People and Travel area. Place your rolodex and vacation pictures here.

The center of your desk is the Health area. If you want a healthy career, your work area should be clean and "happy looking."

Finally, your chair represents your Career area. Keep your chair well-oiled and clean. Polish any chrome and keep it dusted.

Applying Feng Shui to your desk may not guarantee success, but it's a bold step in the right direction.



--

1 comment:

  1. In an effort to share my nesting/organizational tendencies with you, I'd like to share a handout I found in the midst of my cleaning. feng shui master

    ReplyDelete

Add a little caffeine to my life...