29 October 2012

Shifting gears for November

Puck and Tink will be back this weekend. (Squee with me, won't you?) It's been a long month, and I'll be so, so glad when they're here. In the meantime, I have some things to finish up to get ready.

My life shifts a bit when the kids are here. (That's how it should be.) I'm more protective of my evenings and weekends, and even my lunch breaks on the days I work from home. The time I have with the kids is my first priority except in a few rare instances and under very specific circumstances.

Because of that needed shift, I'm finishing up some projects for work and throughout November I'll be planning my task lists carefully. I would hate to have to work over a weekend instead of taking the kids on an adventure, so I'll do what I can to be done working when I log off my computer at the end of the day. (After all, we have some big adventures planned for November!) But as long as I stay organized and keep on top of my task lists, November will be a good month.

In addition to shifting gears to be ready for the munchkins to be home, November is when I start getting ready for the end of the year. December is always a busy month, so I want to start getting things organized early so I'm not scrambling in the last two weeks of the year to file and organize. Again: organization.

There's less than a week left in October, and then it'll be a footrace to the end of the year. Are you ready for November? For the holiday season? For 2013? What are you doing to prepare?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...