27 October 2012

My weekends

Weekends have taken on a new meaning in the past few months. Since starting my shiny, new job at the beginning of August, I've actually had time in the evenings and on the weekends to be not working, and spend quality time with Puck and Tink, or with my family and friends. It's been wonderful. I didn't remember what I was missing!

Puck and Tink have been spending this month with their father, so I've been trying to use my weekends--since I have them now!--to get things done around the house. I made a list at the beginning of the month, and I've been slowly crossing things off as the month has progressed.

Now that I've been with the company for a few months, I'm sort of in a routine with my work schedule. I (usually) go into the office the same two days each week, work from home the same three days each week, and have the weekends to spend with the kids. And since my brain is finally fully adapted to this routine, I think weekends with the kids are going to be much more fun! (We already have a couple of trips planned!) I won't feel guilty about packing the kids in the car for an impromptu trip to Granny's house, or spending a lazy day at home with the kids' favorite snacks and a movie. Because I know that when I log off my computer at the end of the day on Friday, I don't have to look at it again until Monday morning.

As I've said before, I really did love freelancing. It was hard, but it was rewarding. However, knowing now that I have my two days a week to completely shut off the "office" side of myself and instead focus on the spontaneous excitement that comes from parenting two toddlers is a different and deeper kind of rewarding.

I cherish my weekends, and can't wait for what our family has planned throughout November!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...