18 March 2012

Renew Your Spirit with a Picnic

Ostara is still a couple of days away, but the weather is already gorgeous here. Spring is officially here. And while my mother thinks we'll get another cold snap, I'm optimistic that the warm weather is here to stay.

Ladies and gentlemen, it's picnic weather.

I love picnics. I love being outside on the grass, listening to the birds, watching squirrels and rabbit scurry here and there, feeling the warmth of the sun on my back or face. I love picnics.

It rained this weekend, so it's a little muddy today to take the kids for a picnic, but it's definitely in the works. It won't be elaborate; we'll just pack up a few peanut butter sandwiches and juice boxes, throw a blanket down at the park, and have some fun.

If the weather is pretty where you are, I urge you to spend some time outside at a picnic. You can plan a big barbecue picnic with friends and family, or just eat your lunch outside tomorrow to get a break from work. Take in the warmth and beauty of nature, and let spring renew your spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...