04 March 2012

Renew Your Spirit Sunday


For those who follow FlyLady, you know well that Sunday is "Renew Your Spirit Day." It's a chance to take time away from the day-to-day schedule to refresh and re-center yourself.

Even people with busy, highly structured schedules need time to rest and relax. If you don't, you can find yourself burnt out, and it's a good way to wind up with a bad cold, especially in the wintertime.

Renewing your spirit allows you to step back from the busyness of life to find balance in your mind and spirit. It allows your spirit catch up with your mind by slowing your mind (and body) down.

Unfortunately, in a society that's always got us moving (quickly) to the next thing, it can be hard to find ways to slow down, calm down, and relax. Sure you know how others relax, but what can work for you, and in your situation?

Every Sunday, I am going to give you a suggestion of how to renew your spirit, including how each suggestion has worked in my own life. (In other words, I won't make a suggestion I haven't tried myself.) If you have any suggestions you'd like to share, please email me and I'd be happy to let you write up your suggestion to share here.

Take some time today to breathe slowly, close your eyes, and simply slow down. Renew your spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...