28 June 2015

Renew your spirit with women's soccer

The 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup is going on.

And the U.S. team is awesome. I've loved watching them play, and I'm glad that Bo and I decided to start watching soccer.

We originally decided to start watching way back in March when we were on our cruise. There were a couple of soccer matches on the stateroom TV throughout the week, and we got to talking about how we both wanted to have a sport to watch, but neither of us really like watching the mainstream American sports like football, basketball, and baseball. So we decided to give soccer a try.

And now we're a soccer lesbian couple.

I really like soccer. I understand the rules, there is minimal down time within the game, and the women on the U.S. team are badasses. There are even a couple of players I consider myself a fan of, like Megan Rapinoe and Abby Wambach (both of whom are out and proud, by the way).

The next U.S. game is against Germany on Tuesday. We'll be watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...