07 June 2015

Renew your spirit, and keep moving

I've been struggling lately. I've had to deal with depression and anxiety since I was in middle school, and while I can keep it under control the vast majority of the time, there are still days that are worse than others.

This week has seen some bad days.

I don't exactly why; nothing has happened to cause it. But I found myself really struggling this week to keep pushing forward and doing what I needed to do. The lure of doing nothing was particularly strong.

The first day it happened, I thought it was just my introvert-ness showing. Between Bo and I working together and Puck's school schedule, I hadn't had much alone time to recharge. The time I did have alone was spent driving or doing administrative-type work (updating task lists, organizing, etc.).

But it persisted. And changed.

And it had a weird, unwelcome feeling to it.

I have tools and resources to help me fight depression and anxiety, and they usually work. But this time has been a little different. The tools and resources I normally use haven't worked, and I've come to the conclusion that the only way out is through.

I know it will get better. I just have to keep moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...