11 May 2015

I am an expert in....

Last Friday, the lovely Mom to the Screaming Masses posted about things she's an expert in, challenging her readers to identify their own lists.

I think looking at ourselves as experts in areas of strength, we can focus on what we do well and what we can be proud of instead of continually getting bogged down in struggles.

So challenge accepted, MTTSM.

I am an expert in....

  • coffee. I drink it a lot. Like...a lot a lot. And I was a barista at a small, independent coffee house when I was in college.
  • writing. I have a degree in English, and I write to pay the bills. I'd say that qualifies.
  • singing. I was always in choir through school, and I was in the choir at my church in central Illinois. Now my singing is typically limited to either the shower or the car, but I still love singing.
  • organizing. When I'm feeling overwhelmed or stressed, I organize like crazy. I update my calendar, make lists, rearrange files, and make my work space nice and tidy.
  • listening. I'm an introvert, So quite often, when I'm talking to friends and family, what that really means is that they're talking and I'm listening. I've always been the listener in my group of friends, which is fine. You learn a lot more by listening than you do by talking, anyway.
  • my life. I know this seems kind of obvious, but sometimes people who love me and who have very good intentions think they know what's best for me better than I do. But only I know what's best for my life, and I'll continue to do what's best for me. But thanks for the advice, really.
What are you an expert in?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...