04 May 2015

And with that, work expands

I'm spending a little time training a new coworker today.

Bo left her previous job, and is now working with me as an administrative manager. In addition to handling a lot of the paperwork-y stuff, she's going to be doing a lot of wonderful things that will help things run more efficiently and help me get more work done faster (which means more time for trips to the beach with the munchkins!).

She's not really working with me yet. More of a helping-out-on-a-volunteer-basis sort of thing for now. But we anticipate her officially starting in June.

That being said, it's nice to have someone else to lean on for some of this stuff so I can work on other things. It makes me feel much, much more productive, and I have someone else who gets to see, first-hand, some of the chaos that comes with what I do every day.

Freelancing can be isolating, especially since my clients are all online. I spend my day on the computer emailing and researching and writing. Now that Bo is working with me, I have someone to connect with, get feedback from, and talk to.

I'm really happy about it.

I'm really happy about the direction my career is headed.

It's going to be a damn good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a little caffeine to my life...